Letter of transmittal..
Prefatory note ...
Experiments relative to the constitution of pectolite, pyrophyllite, calamine,
and analcite, by F. W. Clarke and George Steiger
The constitution of tourmaline, by F. W. Clarke
The colorimetric estimation of small amonnts of chromium, with special
reference to the analysis of rocks and ores, by W. F. Hillebrand
Volumetric estimation of vanadium in presence of small amounts of chromium,
with special reference to the analysis of rocks and ores, by W. F. Hille-
Distribution and quantitative occurrence of vanadium and molybdenum in
rocks of the United States, by W. F. Hillebrand.....
Warning against the use of fuoriferous hydrogen peroxide in estimating
titanium, by W. F. Hillebrand ...
Mineralogical notes, by W. F. Hillebrand
1. Calaverite from Cripple Creek, Colorado
2. Tellurides from California.
3. Hessite from Mexico
4. Covellite and enargite from Montana
5. Tysonite and bastnäsite.
6. Prosopite ....
8. Anorthite and epidote
10. Mariposito ...
11. Two sulpbates from Montana..
On the chloronitrides of phosphorus and the metaphosphimic acids, by H. N.
1. On tri- and tetraphosphonitrilic chlorides
2. On trimetaphosphimic acid and its decomposition products
3. On tetrametaphosphimic acid....
4. The higher chloronitrides
5. The higher metaphosphimic acids
On a hydromica from New Jersey, by F. W. Clarke and N. H. Darton
The alkaline reaction of some natural silicates, by F. W. Clarke.
The solubility in water of certain natural silicates, by George Steiger