Slike strani

CURRICULUM B A two-year course, one year in the College of Letters and Science and one year in the Medical School. Prerequisite: The degree B.S. conferred in the College of Civil Engineering upon students who have completed the undergraduate curriculum in sanitary engineering.

Students electing this curriculum will find it advantageous to include Physiology 107 and Anatomy 102. With the consent of the committee, these courses may be substituted for courses listed.

First Half-year

Second Half-year


Subjects Hygiene 107


Economics 181 Hygiene 108A


Entomology 126 Pathology 102

Entomology 127 Pathology 103


Hygiene 104 Veterinary Science 117..

Hygiene 1083





2 3



[ocr errors][merged small][merged small]

VI (SECOND GRADUATE YEAR) Year in Medical School as listed in Curriculum A.

CURRICULUM C A course of one and one-half years, one year in the College of Letters and Science, and one half-year in the Medical School. Prerequisite: Completion of the first three and one-half years of the medical curriculum. At the end of the fifth year, the degree of M.D. in the Medical School and the degree of Gr.P.II. in the College of Letters and Science will be conferred.

In the cases of persons holding the degree of M.D. from acceptable schools, the curriculum required will be determined for each candidate by the committee on Public Health Study-Lists.

[merged small][merged small][ocr errors][subsumed]
[merged small][merged small][merged small][merged small][merged small][merged small][merged small][ocr errors][subsumed][merged small][merged small]



Following are certain general regulations governing residence and study in the academic departments. These regulations, unless otherwise stated, concern both graduate and undergraduate students.


The status of all undergraduate students shall be probationary during their first year of residence. At the close of the probationary period, the question of the status of each student shall be reviewed by the Committee on Study-Lists of the college in which the student is enrolled, and his status shall then be determined by the Faculty, acting upon the recommendation of said committee.

Persons admitted to the University, who, in the judgment of the Com. mittee on Credentials, have satisfactorily completed one year's work of collegiate grade, shall be regarded as students in the second year of the


Persons admitted to the University, who, in the judgment of the Com. mittee on Credentials, have satisfactorily completed two years' work of collegiate grade, shall be regarded as students in the third year of the


Students who are classed as juniors shall be regarded as students in the third year of the course. Students who have received the junior certificate are in the upper division, which includes the third and fourth years of the course.

Regular undergraduate students and students at large retain their privileges as students so long as they maintain good standing in the University. The university membership of all special students and limited students, on the other hand, terminates at the close of each academic year, but may be renewed from time to time at the discretion of the proper faculty.

Any student may be transferred from one college of the University to another upon the approval of the Dean or other responsible officer or committee of the college to which admission is sought. A form of petition for such transfer is supplied by the Recorder.

A student at large, special student, or limited student may at any time attain the status of regular student by satisfying all the requirements imposed upon the regular members of the class he desires to enter.


No student of the University may undertake any work or examination with a view to credit for a university degree without registration for such work or examination with the Recorder of the Faculties; such registration must be accepted by the proper faculty before the work proposed is undertaken. Students of good standing with a limited amount of regular class work may be permitted, on the basis of private study outside of university classes, to take certain matriculation or university examinations for the purpose of gaining advanced standing, but in all such cases the authorization of the proper faculty must be secured by written petition before preparation for such examinations is begun.

All students shall register with the Recorder of the Faculties their choice of courses to be pursued in any half-year, on blanks provided for the purpose, at such time and place as may be designated for such registration. Registration at a later date can be effected only through special application to the Dean of the college in which the student is enrolled. A fee of two dollars is charged for late registration.

Students in year courses must register with the Recorder for such courses in January as well as in August (in 1918-19, September and February).

Students are sometimes permitted to register for year courses in the second half-year without having been registered in the first half-year. In such cases credit is given for the work of the second half-year only.

The names of students who fail to comply with the regulations governing registration will not appear on the official class rolls.

No person will be admitted as a student to the exercsies of any professor or instructor, except as authorized by the official certificate of registration and duplicate study-card furnished to each student by the Recorder, subject to the approval of the proper Study-Lists Committee.

Simultaneous registration in an undergraduate academic college and in a professional college is not permitted.

Simultaneous registration in residence courses and in extension courses is not permitted.

After the study-cards are filed, students will be given an opportunity to make changes, by formal petition, duly approved by the instructors concerned, But after the expiration of the period assigned for such changes, all additions must be distinctly approved and recommended by the instructors; and for every course added or dropped from the study card a fee of one dollar will be charged.

Every regular student shall include in his study-card all required work appropriate to the college and year of his course. [The rules governing the choice of studies of regular students are stated in the description of the curricula of the several colleges.] The Committee on Study-Lists of his college is authorized to withdraw such study-cards as do not comply with this regulation.

When a student's study-card is withdrawn he is thereby suspended from participation in all university exercises.

UNITS OF WORK AND CREDIT; STUDY-LIST LIMITS Both matriculation and university work are measured in “units.' In the University a unit of registration is one hour of a student's time at the University weekly, during one half-year, in lecture or recitation, together with the time necessary in preparation therefor; or a longer time in laboratory or other exercises not requiring preparation. Credit for 124, or more, units distributed according to the red

ements of the college in which the student is enrolled is necessary for a degree.

Regular students who are free from deficiencies in their university work will be registered for not to exceed nineteen units of new work. But in no case will a student in the upper division of any of the colleges in which the junior certificate is a requirement be registered for more than sixteen units. Regular students with deficiencies will be limited to sixteen units. Freshmen and sophomores who are taking the prescribed courses in physical education, hygiene, or military science may, with the express approval of the Study-Lists Committee, add these courses to the maxima as stated herein. Courses taken in the University for the purpose of making up matriculation deficiencies are to be included in the maxima, as above. Work reported by the instructors, as “incomplete" is regarded as deficient work.

Special students have free election, subject to the requirement that they confine their attention to some special study and its related branches.

Limited students have all their studies elective, but may take not more than thirteen units a week.

MilitaRY SCIENCE, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HYGIENE All undergraduate students shall, upon admission to the University, report immediately to the proper officers for enrollment in military science, physical education, and hygiene, following the Freshman Circular or the announcements which may be posted on the university bulletin boards. A deposit (about twenty-eight dollars) must be paid at once to the Comptroller of the University to cover the cost of the uniform to be used in military courses. It is expected, however, that uniforms and other equipment for enlisted members of the Students' Army Training Corps will be

« PrejšnjaNaprej »