« PrejšnjaNaprej »
LIST OF ACCREDITED SCHOOLS, 1913–1914 NOTE.—The accrediting of secondary schools is an accrediting of schools rather than subjects. Any recommendations issued by the principals will be provisionally accepted by the University, subject to the following conditions:
(1) Recommendations are to be issued only for the graduates of the regular courses of the school;
(2) Recommendations are to be based exclusively upon the regular work of the school, and not upon private “coaching" or special examination;
(3) “Supplementary” recommendations—for work taken in the high school after the pupil's matriculation in a college or university-are not to be accepted in lieu of matriculation examinations;
(4) The status of every undergraduate student is probationary during his first year of residence in the University, and his final allowance of matriculation credit may depend upon his work during this probationary year;
(5) The scholarship records in the University of California for the first-year students from each of the accredited schools are kept in such a way as to show the scholarship standing of the school, as reflected by its representatives in the University; and this record is made use of in determining the status of the school as a possible candidate for future accrediting
Recommended graduates who wish to postpone their entrance to the University should send their recommendations, with specific request for extension, to the Recorder of the Faculties. Extension may be granted for one year, with the possibility of renewal, upon request. Recommendations become invalid if not presented within twenty months after graduation.
Banning Union High School-Miss E. B. Hield.
Yayward Union High School - Mr. F. P. Johnson.
Oroville Union High School-Mr. J. B. Hughes.
Turlock Joint Union High School-Mr. W. E. Hester.
Total Private Schools-34.