« PrejšnjaNaprej »
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the SECOND Session of the TWELFTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland;
6° & 7° GULIELMI IV.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
N Act to apply certain Sums to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-six-seven.
Page 1 2. An Act for raising the Sum of Fifteen Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-six-seven.
Ibid. 3. An Act for vesting the Office of Constable of the Castle of Saint Briavel's in the First Commissioner of His Majesty's Woods, Forests, Land Revenues, Works, and Buildings; and for vesting the Office of Keeper of the Forest of Dean in the County of Gloucester in the Commissioners of His Majesty's Woods, Forests, Land Revenues, Works, and Buildings.
4. An Act to amend an Act of the last Session for abolishing Capital Punishments in Cases of Letter Stealing and Sacrilege.
5. An Act for carrying into further Execution Two Acts of His present Majesty, relating to the Compensation for Slaves upon the Abolition of Slavery, and for facilitating the Distribution and Payment of such Compensation. 4
6. An Act for carrying into effect a Treaty made between His Majesty and the Queen Regent of Spain for the Abolition of the Slave Trade.
7. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively until the Twenty-fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and thirty-seven; to permit such Persons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors to make and file the same on or before the First Day of Hilary Term One thousand eight hundred and thirty-seven; and to allow Persons to make and file such Affidavits, although the Persons whom
whom they served shall have neglected to take out their Annual
8. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better
Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
9. An Act for the Regulation of His Majesty's Royal Marine
10. An Act to indemnify Witnesses who may give Evidence before
the Lords Spiritual and Temporal on a Bill to exclude the
Borough of Stafford from sending Burgesses to serve in Parlia-
11. An Act for the Registration of Aliens, and to repeal an Act
passed in the Seventh Year of the Reign of His late Majesty for
12. An Act for amending an Act of the Ninth Year of the Reign
of His late Majesty King George the Fourth, intituled An Act
for the better Regulation of Divisions in the several Counties of
15. An Act to amend an Act of the Fourth and Fifth Years of
His present Majesty, in order to enable certain Seamen belong-
ing to Shetland or Orkney to pay certain Sums of Money, pay-
able under that Act to the Seamen's Fund, at Lerwick in Shetland
16. An Act to revive and continue in force, until the First Day
of August One thousand eight hundred and forty, an Act of
the Legislature of Jamaica to explain and amend an Act for
the Abolition of Slavery in that Island, and in aid of the same.
17. An Act to make Provision for the better Administration of
Justice in certain of His Majesty's West India Colonies.
18. An Act to apply the Sum of Eight Millions, out of the Con-
solidated Fund, to the Service of the Year One thousand eight
19. An Act for separating the Palatine Jurisdiction of the County
Palatine of Durham from the Bishoprick of Durham.
20. An Act for imposing certain Restrictions on the Renewal of
21. An Act to provide that Persons in Scotland accused of Letter
Stealing shall not be entitled to Liberation on Bail unless in
23. An Act to continue for Three Years, and from thence to the
End of the then next Session of Parliament, the Acts for the
Relief of Insolvent Debtors in Ireland.
24. An Act to render valid certain Marriages solemnized in a
Chapel of Ease, in the Parish of Wandsworth in the County of
25. An Act for granting an additional Rate of Postage on Letters
between Great Britain and Ireland by way of Milford and
26. An Act for granting to His Majesty, until the Fifth Day of
July One thousand eight hundred and thirty-seven, certain
Duties on Sugar imported into the United Kingdom, for the
Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-six.
27. An Act for investing in Government Securities further Por-
tions of the Cash lying unemployed in the Bank of England
belonging to Bankrupts Estates.
28. An Act to enable Persons to make Deposits of Stock or Ex-
chequer Bills in lieu of giving Security by Bond to the Post-
master General, and Commissioners of Land Revenue, Customs,
29. An Act for improving the Police in the District of Dublin
30. An Act to repeal so much of Two Acts of the Ninth and
Tenth Years of King George the Fourth as directs the Period of
the Execution and the Prison Discipline of Persons convicted of
31. An Act to amend an Act of His late Majesty King George
the Second, for the Encouragement of building of Chapels of
32. An Act for the Regulation of Benefit Building Societies. 172
33. An Act to amend and regulate the Law of Scotland as to
Erasures in Instruments of Sasine and of Resignation ad rema-
34. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Seventh and Eighth
Years of the Reign of His Majesty King George the Fourth for
the better Administration of Justice at the holding of Petty
Sessions by Justices of the Peace in Ireland.
35. An Act for further improving the Road between London and
Holyhead, by Coventry, Birmingham, and Shrewsbury.
36. An Act to amend an Act passed in the present Session of
Parliament, for consolidating the Laws relating to the Con-
37. An Act to repeal the several Acts now in force relating to
Bread to be sold out of the City of London and the Liberties
thereof and beyond the Weekly Bills of Mortality and Ten Miles
of the Royal Exchange; and to provide other Regulations for
the making and Sale of Bread, and for preventing the Adultera-
tion of Meal, Flour, and Bread, beyond the Limits aforesaid. 210
38. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Third and Fourth
Years of the Reign of His present Majesty, intituled An Act to
amend the Laws relating to Excise Licences, and to the Sale of
Wine, Spirits, Beer, and Cider by Retail, in Ireland.
39. An Act to continue for One Year, and from thence to the End
of the then next Session of Parliament, the several Acts relating
to the Importation and keeping of Arms and Gunpowder in
40. An Act to continue for One Year, and from thence to the End
of the then next Session of Parliament, the several Acts for regu-
lating the Turnpike Roads in Ireland.
41. An Act to abolish the Commissary Court of Edinburgh, and to
regulate the Mode of taking Proofs in Consistorial Causes in
42. An Act to grant certain Powers to Heirs of Entail in Scotland,
and to authorize the Sale of Entailed Lands for the Payment of
certain Debts affecting the same.
43. An Act to provide for the taking of Judicial Ratifications of
44. An Act to continue the Laws for the Relief of Insolvent
Debtors in England until the First Day of June One thousand
eight hundred and thirty-seven, and from thence to the End of
45. An Act to transfer the Collection and Management of the
Duties in Great Britain on Horses let for Hire, and on Licences
relating to the same, from the Commissioners of Stamps and
46. An Act to continue until the Thirty-first Day of December
One thousand eight hundred and thirty-seven, and from thence
to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act of
the Ninth Year of His late Majesty, for the Administration of
47. An Act to continue until the First Day of March One thousand
eight hundred and thirty-nine, and from thence to the End of
the then next Session of Parliament, the several Acts relating to
48. An Act to indemnify the Governors and others of the Islands
of Antigua, Saint Christopher, Nevis, and Montserrat for having
permitted the Importation of certain Articles Duty-free. 249
49. An Act to enable the Master of the Rolls to demise Part of
the Rolls Estate to the Society of Judges and Serjeants. 250
50. An Act to authorize the placing of the Horse Patrol now
acting under the Authority of the Chief Magistrate of the
Public Office in Bow Street under the Authority of the Justices
51. An Act for converting the Richmond General Penitentiary into
one of the Prisons for the County of the City of Dublin, and to
amend the Law relating to Prisons in Ireland.
52. An Act to repeal the Duties and Drawbacks of Excise on
Paper printed, painted, or stained in the United Kingdom; and
to reduce the Duties, Allowances, and Drawbacks on Paper,
Button-board, Mill-board, Pasteboard, and Scale-board, made
in the United Kingdom, of the First Class; and to discontinue
the Excise Survey on the Manufacturers of certain Articles made
from Paper, and on Dealers in and Retailers of Vinegar. 258
53. An Act for enabling His Majesty to grant Admiralty Juris-
diction to the Court of Judicature of Prince of Wales's Island,
54. An Act to consolidate and amend the Laws relating to the
55. An Act to amend the Laws relating to Loan Societies in Ire-
56. An Act for regulating the Process of Cessio bonorum in the
Court of Session, and for extending the Jurisdiction of Sheriffs
57. An Act for the Prevention and Punishment of Offences com-
mitted by His Majesty's Subjects within certain Territories