« PrejšnjaNaprej »
Health Act-- Amendment.
Validation of existing
3. THE persons who, after the passing of the Health Act, 1898, have acted as members of the Central Board of Health shall be deemed to have been appointed under that Act; and the acts of the said Board are hereby validated notwithstanding any defect of appointment.
Governor may proclaim district.
4. THE Governor may, by proclamation, declare any two or more districts, municipal districts, and road board districts to be one district under the principal Act, and the board of health for such combined district shall therein exercise all the powers conferred, and perform all the duties, and be subject to the control and liabilities imposed by the principal Act upon local boards, and shall be called the District Board of Health.
Each local board
elect members of District Board.
and nominate convener.
Election of Chair.
5. (1.) IMMEDIATELY after the proclamation of a combined and road board to district, every municipal council and every non-municipal local
board and every road board within such district shall meet, and each shall elect not more than three of their number to be members of the District Board of Health, and shall report to the Minister the result of such election.
(2.) The Governor shall then, by notice in the Government Governor to appoint the persons elected Gazette, appoint the persons so elected to be members of the District
Board of Health for the combined district, and so to continue until they cease to be members of the municipal council, local board, or road board by which they were respectively elected, and shall nominate one of them to be convener of the first meeting of the District Board of Health.
(3.) At the first meeting of such District Board in every year,
the members present shall elect one of their number to be chairman man of District Board, and proceed. for the current year, and, on any vacancy in the office of chairman, ings thereof.
the members shall again so elect, and in case of the absence of the chairman from any meeting, the members present shall elect one of their number to be chairman of that meeting ; and at all meetings of the Board the chairman shall have one vote, and, in case of equality of votes, a second or casting vote; and during any vacancy in the District Board, whether in the office of chairman or not, the continuing members may act as if no vacancy had occurred; and at all meetings of the District Board all questions shall be decided by a majority of the votes.
(4.) Any number of members, not being less than one half Quorum.
of the District Board, shall be a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5.) The District Board may make, alter, and rescind rules Board may regulate its own proceedings. for regulating their own proceedings and the duties of their officers.
Health Act — Amendment.
Local Board may
6. A LOCAL Board may cause to be affixed distinctive numbers to every house, tent, or other dwelling not being within a number houses, tents, municipality, and every occupier of such house, tent, or dwelling etc., outxile Munici.
pality. shall maintain the number, and the plate or material on which the number is painted or otherwise shown, in the place where the same has been affixed as aforesaid ; and, in case of non-observance of
Offence and penalty. this section, every such occupier shall be guilty of an offence, and, on conviction thereof, shall be liable to a fine of not more than Five pounds.
Lapse of time for
IN case any Local Board fails to make or give notice of a public health rate within the time limited in that behalf, the making health rate. Governor may, by notice published in the Government Gazette, appoint a further time within which such Local Board may make and give notice of such rate.
Amendment of sec
8. SECTION three of the principal Act is hereby amended by inserting, in the fifteenth paragraph, at the end of the first line, after tion 3 of the printhe word “ cow,” the words “or goat.”
Amendment of sec.
9. SECTION twelve of the principal Act is hereby amended by inserting, in the second paragraph, after the word “Board,” where tion 12. it first occurs in the fourth line of that paragraph, the words “and may enter into contracts on its behalf.”
10. SECTION seventeen of the principal Act is hereby Amendment of sec. amended by inserting, in the third line, after the word “ contracted,” tion 17. the words or abolished."
Amendment of sec
, , secs, 147 and 148.
11. SECTION thirty-two of the principal Act is hereby amended by inserting, as the second paragraph thereof, as follows:- tion 32. "The Central Board may make(a.) Modelby-laws for the guidance of local boards in the Health Act, 1898,
execution of this Act; and
Board might make, if such portion were within the
district of a Local Board. Every Local Board-(a.) May, and so far as expressly directed by the Central Board
Model by-laws. shall, adopt the model by-laws prepared by the Central
thereto as it may deem necessary or convenient for By-laws.
Health Act — Amendment.
12. SECTION thirty-three of the principal Act is hereby tion 33 of the prin- amended by inserting, in the second line of paragraph (d), after the word “milk," the words “cream, butter, or cheese."
Amendment of seco tion 38.
13. SECTION thirty-eight of the principal Act is hereby amended by inserting, at the end of the second paragraph, the words “unless such cesspools are so situated and of such construction as shall be required by the by-laws of the Local Board,” and by striking out the word and," in the second line of the seventeenth paragraph, and by inserting after the word “shops” the words “streets and other places.”
14. SECTION one hundred and forty-five of the principal Act is hereby amended by striking out the word “ eight,” in the third line, and inserting instead thereof the word “ nine.
Amendment of section 145.
Amendment of sec. tion 146.
SECTION one hundred and forty-six of the principal Act is hereby amended by omitting from the first line the words “ within any city or town," and omitting from the third line the word " therein."
SECTION one hundred and fifty-three of the principal Amendment of sec- Act is hereby amended as follows:
By striking out the word “ Local,” in the last line of the first
paragraph, and inserting instead thereof the word “ Central,”
and By inserting after the second paragraph thereof the following
“When such direction or order is in writing, and has been Closing public building.
served on the owner or occupier of such public building, and has not been complied with within fourteen days after such service, the Central Board may, by order in writing, direct the owner or occupier to close such public building until such order is complied with to the satisfaction of the C'entral Board, and the same shall be closed accordingly, and remain closed until the Central Board otherwise, by
17. SECTION one hundred and seventy-three of the principal Amendment of sec- Act is hereby amended by omitting from the second line of the
fourth paragraph the word “ Council,” and inserting in lieu thereof the words - Local Board."
18. SECTION one hundred and eighty of the principal Act is hereby amended by omitting from the last line of the second paragraph the word “week,” and inserting in lieu thereof the word month."
Amendment of sec. tion 180.
Health Act-- Amendment.
19. SECTION one hundred and eighty-eight of the principal Amendment of secAct is hereby amended by omitting from the fifth line of the fifth tion 188. paragraph the words
Municipal Council,” and inserting in lieu thereof the words - Local Board."
20. SECTION two hundred and thirty-three of the principal Amendment of secAct is hereby amended by striking out the words from “ one hundred tion 233. and twelve ” to “ one hundred and ninety” inclusive, in the third, fourth, and fifth lines, and inserting instead thereof the words “ one hundred and thirteen, one hundred and twenty-five, one hundred and seventy-five, one hundred and seventy-six, one hundred and seventy-seven, and one hundred and ninety-three.”
21. SECTION two hundred and thirty-eight of the principal Amendment of sec. Act is hereby amended by substituting the word “ or
or” for the word 238. “and,” at the end of sub-section one thereof, and by the substitution of the word " or " for the word “ and” at the commencement of the fifth line of sub-section two thereof, and by the addition to such section, at the foot or end thereof, of the following words:-" The rate book, compiled under the provisions of the Municipal Institutions Act, 1895, shall be prima facie evidence of the contents of such book, and of the due striking of such rate, without any evidence that the notices or any of the conditions precedent to the due striking of the rate required by the Municipal Institutions Act, 1895, or any amendment thereof, have been given or complied with.”
Amendment of sec
22. SECTION two hundred and forty-two of the principal Act is hereby amended by inserting, at the beginning of the third line, tion 242. the word “ regulation.”
In the name and on behalf of the Queen I hereby assent
ALEX. C. ONSLOW, Administrator.
By Authority : RICHARD PETHER, Government Printer, Perth.