« PrejšnjaNaprej »
SEC. 1. Tax in proportion to value-taxable property.
3. Assessment in sections and small tracts.
4. Mortgages and securities.
5. Contracts to pay mortgage tax.
6. Power of taxation not to be surrendered or suspended.
7. Tax may be paid in installments.
8. Sworn statements required.
9. Mortgages, etc., not to be raised above face value.
Eminent domain over.
Access to and public use of navigable waters.
SEC. 1. Restrictions upon legislature as to.
LAND AND HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION.
Legislature to protect from forced sale.
AMENDING AND REVISING THIS CONSTITUTION.
Proposing amendments-submission to the people.
2. Corporations not to employ.
Not to be employed on public work.
6. Suits against the state.
7. No religious requirement for marriage contract.
8. Husband and wife, separate and community property.
9. No perpetuities for eleemosynary purposes.
10. Bribery, disqualifies for office
11. Bribery, perjury, forgery, malfeasance in office, ex-
cludes from suffrage and juries.
12. Absence on public business.
Plurality vote elects.
State board of health.
Mechanics liens to be secured.
16. Terms of office-not exceeding four years-pleasure
of appointing power,
17. Eight hours labor, a day's work.
Sex no disqualification.
19. Expenses of constitutional convention.
Elections on even numbered years-commencement
of terms of office.
BOUNDARY OF STATE Sec. 1. Points and lines of boundary.
Sec. 1. Laws continued in force-rights, claims and con
tracts protected. 2. Recognizances-obligations unaffected. 3. Change of courts-transfer of cases. 4. Publication of constitution-election. 5. Printing and distributing ballots. 6. Registers, poll books, and forms, 7. Who entitled to vote. 8. Canvassing returns. 9. Proclamation. 10. Terms of officers first elected. 11.
Laws relative to judicial system continued 12. When constitution takes effect.
6. Elections by ballot.
DISTRIBUTION OF POWERS,
Sec. 1. Three departments-legislative, executive and judi